JuLi'S--->wOrLd

Hi!! I HoPe YoU EnJOy tHiS bLoG AnD yOu HaVe fUn!! bYeEee!!

Monday, January 15, 2007

TLP Introduction

Hi, my name is Juliana. I am 12 years old in May 8, I would be 13! I live in Cartagena, Colombia. Cartagena is a beautiful city because of its history and its beaches. I live in an apartment with my sister which is 16 years old, my mom, my dad, and my grandma. I share bedroom with my sister but I would move to a new apartment so I would have my own bedroom. My grandma is a very important person to me. She is the only grandma that is left in my family. My dad and my mom are my heroes I love them a lot. I have a group of best friends. It is not so big but we have a very good relationship. We go out Fridays and Saturdays to eat to Mc Donalds, or walk by the bay. In the week I go first to school then after school I go to soccer practices because I am in the soccer team of my school. After soccer I call my mom to pick me up at school and I go with her to the gym. For me doing exercise is very important becuase when I do it I feel very good with myself.

I am interested in 3 issues but I am not sure which one I am going to choose. One of my issues is smoking. This is an issue that is very important to me to the person that makes it and to the world. The person that smokes is not only damaging him, he is also damaging our atmosphere and the people around them. Smoking is very bad because when you taste it for the first time you will be desperated to tasted again and again so this would became a normal for you to do it. Maybe you wont feel that danger you are making to yourself but as time passes this would became a big problem. Smoking is like drugs is the same thing because you cannot leave it.

Another issue I am also interested in is poverty. Poverty is one of the most biggest problems in the world. People that are facing this problems are the ones that didn't study. This relates to education, because people that dont go to school are the ones that became poor. Because of lack of study when they grow up they cannot work in successfull jobs so they would not have enough money to give their children education so when this child grows up he would be as his father. Its like a cicle without study more poverty so without money no study without study no job it is all related to each other. This things make people encourage theirselves to study and move forward alone.

The last issue is health. Health is getting worst every time. People that is poor is facing more problems than poeple that has more money. Poor people cannot pay a doctor but rich people can. Life expectancy is dicreasing becuase of this reasons. Also poor people that live in bad conditions can have more diseases coming to them. This is happening in all parts of the world even in the richest part. Other causes of dicreasing health is that poeple eats and eat bad food and do not do exercise. This is very bad because they can die because of a heart attack because of too much choresterol. Maybe if you are doing every day exercise or playing some sports you can eat whatever you want this is a very important reason.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger vvSarah said...

Hello. This is Sarah in Mr.R's class. First of all, I thank you for leaving a comment on my blog with your thoughts and all. As I was reading the post (your introduction), I learned a couple of things about you, like your age and a little bit about your schedule.
There are somethings that I would like to discuss with you about. Firstly, about what you wrote about poverty. Well, you said that there are many poor people in the world because they don't study (well). However, I would like to tell you that that is not the only case. The reason I think the people are so poor, (especially in those poor, unstable, developing countries like Sudan, Iraq, and other countries in Africa,) because, although the people are eager to learn, the country itself is not rich enough to support the young kids to learn. This means that it is not exactly the people's fault.
Secondly, although I didn't write anything on my blog about health problems and smoking, I agree with you on what you wrote about the other issues. I think they are very interesting topics.
I hope you will visit my blog again to discuss deeply about these.
BYE :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home